Spring Forward: 5 Spring Wedding Tips
1. Cutting Cost: Having a Sunday or brunch style wedding can save you a generous amount of money. You can also incorporate a lot of pastel spring colors during the day that evening weddings, (depending on theme) won't allow.
2. April Showers: Don’t let the possibility of a few passing showers deny you the outdoor reception of your dreams. Allow room in your budget for a tent rental, or see if the venue provides one. A clear roof tent allows your guest to see the beauty of outdoors while being covered. Be sure to check with the venue to make sure they have indoor reception accommodations, in case a downpour is expected the day of your wedding. This is unfortunate, but remember to control what you can control and stay calm about anything else.
3. Picture Perfect: If you would like outdoor pictures, rain or shine, I would suggest having a very nice wedding umbrella, to match your style or theme. Surprisingly, what seems like bad weather, turns out to be some of the most beautiful and timeless pictures. If you already plan on “trashing the dress” or you and your bride/groom are the fun outgoing couple, put on a pair of short rain boots, and splash in some puddles, and have photographer capture you both in the moment.
4. Give Me Cake: incorporate spring in your cake flavoring. Fresh berries, Lemon or Orange zest, are some popular fresh flavors. You can also add an edible spring floral design to your cake.
5. Wrap Me Up: Whatever you do, don’t forget about your bridesmaids. The groomsmen often wear suits/tuxedos, and are covered with a few layers. The bridesmaids have very pretty dresses, however spring time dresses, aren’t the heaviest, or warmest for those cool spring breezes that pass by, or somewhat chilly evenings. Be sure to think about a shawl to complement their dresses, especially if their arms are out. Some designers have matching shawls at an additional price.